[Asterisk-Dev] Operator Console

asterisk at billheckel.com asterisk at billheckel.com
Sun Nov 9 17:17:15 MST 2003

I think that a java / browser based client with an independant server that runs either on the same
machine as asterisk or another box will be the correct route to go.

I ended up making the operator use Linux on her desktop ( she had NO linux experience ) as well as
openoffice instead of office just so that she could run the console.  It was a hassle to teach her
to use it but since we needed those features we had to do it.

A hardware attendant console even if it is just a box with 48 lights and 48 switches running off a
serial port with a simple ascii interface is needed to help adopt asterisk into mid-sized offices.

I can design and build some of these if there is enough need for them to be able to sell 24 units or
more.  I can built these to sell for around $400.00 if we get enough demand.  I may even be able to
push the cost down some.

Bill