[Asterisk-Dev] Operator Console

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Nov 9 16:21:19 MST 2003

> I have been approached to install Asterisk for a client after providing them
> an initial demo.
>
> I have one stumbling block to overcome.
>
> An operator console for the switchboard operator to use.
>
> I have searched the list but been unsuccessful finding anything useful so
> far.

What specific types of functions are needed at the "operator console"?

If your customer is looking for a bank of lights to tell whose on their
extensions, that doesn't exist.

If you're simply looking for the operator to answer up to six lines (only
as a simple example), one could use an ordinary 7960.

So, a lot depends on what functions do they really need/want?