[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Voice energy detection: coder wanted

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 9 11:22:53 MST 2003

About the only why you  could tell a real human from an
answering machine is to talk and then listen.  Most humans
will answer with a short greating (Hello, Acme Widets.)
and then wait for you the caller to say something.

You say (play recording) I have a message do you want it?
then listen  Voice recongnition would be helpfull here.

Notice that voice recognition need only be about 85% here as
you can do like humans do and say "What was that? Press
# for yes.."

Basically I think the bottom line is that you need to
interact with the other end to know for sure

--- Freddi Hansen <fh at danovation.dk> wrote:
> Hi,
> I realized that it wasn't the 2-way conversation thing that was the
> issue when I read some of the other postings on this subject.
> We had only one application where we were actively dialing someone
> and trying to deliver a message. In this application we would call
> the customer and play the message 'You have a message from your
> ....., press # to listen to the message'.
> Freddi
>

> Freddi -
>    Thanks for the data.  However, your experiences are with detecting
>
> two-way conversations, where you are attempting to determine if the
> two legs of a call have humans attached to them.  My customer's
> problem is only one-half of that issue, which is that the system
> needs to detect if a human is at one end of the call (versus an
> answering machine) which is a bit more difficult.  Do your pattern
> matching archives cover any such instances for reliable detection?
>
> JT

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com