[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Voice energy detection: coder wanted

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Sun Nov 9 04:22:31 MST 2003

Hi,
I realized that it wasn't the 2-way conversation thing that was the
issue when I read some of the other postings on this subject.
We had only one application where we were actively dialing someone
and trying to deliver a message. In this application we would call
the customer and play the message 'You have a message from your
....., press # to listen to the message'.
Freddi

Freddi -
   Thanks for the data.  However, your experiences are with detecting
two-way conversations, where you are attempting to determine if the
two legs of a call have humans attached to them.  My customer's
problem is only one-half of that issue, which is that the system
needs to detect if a human is at one end of the call (versus an
answering machine) which is a bit more difficult.  Do your pattern
matching archives cover any such instances for reliable detection?

JT