[Asterisk-Dev] Wifi IP phones...

Bisker, Scott (7805) sbisker at harvardgrp.com
Thu Nov 6 08:22:05 MST 2003

I have a Symbol 802.11b phone.  It's H323 only, and I haven't had much luck.
It works fine with Zap channels, but SIP channels are a different story
altogether.  I've had nothing but problems with codec negotiation between
the symbol and my 7960 SIP phones.  ulaw and alaw don't seem to work, and
the G729 is held up because the registration binary for G729 codec doesn't
work on an all SCSI system.  Further, when trying to stop asterisk after a
failed codec negotiation with OH323 the linux box kernel panics and requires
a cold boot.  Multiple problems, not all related to the phone, but .... it
seems to be more trouble than its worth.  Further, callerid info wasn't
being sent to the phone only "root at asterisk"

Just my 2 cents.

-sb