[Asterisk-Dev] app_disa2: Feedback requested

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Nov 2 13:21:44 MST 2003

I plan on allowing a config file to be used with DISA2.  This config
file would use lines in basically the same format as when you call DISA2
with parameters specified, except you could have more than one entry.
DISA allows currently allows this.  I don't currently plan on supporting
"disa contexts" (like voicemail contexts) for various reasons, but I'm
sure someone could add support for that fairly easily.

This started because I have several ATA-186's and I didn't want to have
to manage the dialplan on the ATAs and in Asterisk.  So I configured the
ATA with a "hotline" number.  I.e. when the user picks up a phone
connected to the ATA-186, it automagically dials an extension on the
Asterisk server.  That extension currently calls DISA.  However, DISA
does not have tone locales, does not provide a stutter dialtone if you
have voicemail and after looking at the code for app_disa.c I decided
that 1) I could learn a LOT by rewriting app_disa.c and that the current
app_disa.c was rather convoluted and obviously was written a long time
ago and did not use many of the very useful features of the Asterisk
API.

--
Sample configs, scripts, more : http://www.fnords.org/~eric/asterisk/

BTEL Consulting 504-899-1387 or 850-484-4545 or 877-677-9643