[Asterisk-Dev] IAX vs. IAX2 - problems and notes

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri May 30 12:42:05 MST 2003

John Todd wrote:

> Setting jitterbuffer=1  in my iax.conf files on both ends seems to make
> a difference for the call dropouts.  However, I have been having other
> IAX/IAX2 issues which have been vexing me lately so I will admit I have
> not experimented with this fix extensively.    (other problems are
> relating to how hangups and timeouts are treated within IAX - trying to
> get these worked out with mark.)

FWIW I am now having pretty serious problems with calls being dropped
that seems to be affecting things across the board--IAX2 and SIP, Zaptel
devices and ATAs, servers behind NAT as well as servers with public IPs.

Pretty much every call gets dropped eventually, although of course since
some of them turn out to be short by nature the effect isn't noticed so
much on shorter calls.

In the last week or two, though, many more calls are dropping in their
first minutes, both incoming and outgoing.

It has been a challenge, since I decided to try to use asterisk as my
sole means of telephony as proof of concept, as it were . . .

B.