[Asterisk-Dev] Anyone doing QOS routing on Linux for SIP/RTP?

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Mon May 12 23:37:53 MST 2003

At 18:14 12-5-2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Just wondering if anyone out there has done any work, or knows where any
>work is being done, to try to honor the latency requirements of this VOIP
>stuff and push out SIP and RTP traffic, etc., "ahead of the crowd."
>
>I'm doing my VOIP behind wireless, so it is particularly important.  I am
>getting ready to do some digging, and don't want to re-invent the wheel.

as you can see your question has triggered a lot of people. In addition to
all that, Wireless technology still has no support for QoS on a broadcast
level, so if you put too many users on your WLAN (esp. 11Mbit stuff) that
will probably intrude on your VoIP usage. I know some suppliers are
actually doing research to support this, but nothing worthwhile is out
there yet...

Florian