[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk crashing

Gregg Lebovitz gregg at lebovitz.net
Sun May 11 12:56:56 MST 2003

Hi,

I am running a network of asterisk servers on a VPN and have had no
problems until recently when I upgraded to the lastest RedHat 8.0 kernel
(2.4.18-27). Now when ever I dial an extension on a remote asterisk
server, the remote server crashes with a seg fault. (I can generate a
core file in case anyone wants to see it).

My two asterisk boxes are very similar running i586 processors each with
a linejack card being used as an fxs port.

I have tried both IAX and IAX2 for inter-asterisk communication, and
both give the same results.

I install asterisk and libiax from the lastest builds.

The problem could be with the ixj drivers, but I can't figure out how to
tell whether or not this is the case.

Any suggestions (besides buying a zaptel card).

Gregg