[Asterisk-Dev] Cable adapter for digium cards for use in data mode

Vinod Sankar vinod at netyantra.com
Tue May 6 05:26:44 MST 2003

Hello,

I want to use the digium E1 card in data mode to terminate a leased line
connection with my ISP. The leased line is terminated currently on a modem
with a 4 wire (RJ45?) connection and the modem gives out a V.35 interface
on the inside that goes to a Cisco router running HDLC over the serial link,
which in turn presents a normal RJ45 ethernet jack to the internal network hub.

I want to replace the Cisco router by configuring Linux as a router with
the digium card installed and configured in the Linux machine. Is this
possible ?, and how do I connect the RJ45 interface of the Digium card to
the serial interface of the leased line modem ? Is it possible to buy such
an adapter cable/box ?

thanks,
Vinod