[Asterisk-Dev] chan_sip

Jamie Carl asterisk at jazz-inc.net
Tue Mar 11 19:54:24 MST 2003

Your 415 No Media, (or Unsupported Media Type) comes from there  not being a
common voice codec available for the two endpoints.  As far as I can tell,
asterisk only supports PCM (alaw, mulaw) and GSM.  Now most devices won't
support GSM and maybe your provider will not allow PCM cause it uses too
much bandwidth.  Which leaves you with nothing pretty much.

I can't see a solution for this, apart from getting either your provider to
allow PCM, which is a bandwidth hog, or GSM, which would be ideal.  Or
alternative whinge to Mark about getting other codecs available in Asterisk.

Regards,

Jamie Carl
Email:    me at jazz-inc.net
Web:    www.jazz-inc.net