[Asterisk-Dev] vmail.cgi: File permissions

Shawn L. Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Fri Jun 20 19:55:42 MST 2003

Here are some ideas on this topic.

1. First the make file or what ever installs the vmail.cgi does not install
it on a Debian system.  I have to copy it manually to /usr/lib/cgi-bin.
2. Why not have the Voicemail have the UID/GID of certain user and then have
the vmail.cgi switch to that user when someone logs in.
3. Or the most tricky because most people probably don't use there Asterisk
server as the mail server in there net but some of us only have one server
so have the UID/GID set the user when they login and then have the Voicemail
belong to that user like most e-mail systems do.  Even Better yet have the
Voicemail stored in the users home directory so their quota applies to it.

Just some thoughts.

Shawn