[Asterisk-Dev] More patching...

Adam Roach adam at dynamicsoft.com
Wed Jun 4 11:53:58 MST 2003

We've been using the meetme application, but our bridge numbers
(due to various reasons) are 10 digits long. Most people have
a hard time getting 10 digits in before the default response
timer pops.

I tried fixing this in configuration like this:

[meetme]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout(10)
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout(60)
exten => s,4,Wait(1)
exten => s,5,Meetme

...but that didn't seem to work. Digging in the code (app.c), I
discovered that we're basically hardcoded to use 2 seconds and 6
seconds respectively for *any* application input, unless the
application chooses to override it. That seems a bit unfriendly.

The attached patch uses the PBX timeouts (the ones you can set
in extensions.conf) for the default application timeouts.
Applications can still override them, of course -- but at least
now you can administratively tweak them in extensions.conf if
you want to.

I had to move the "ast_pbx" structure from pbx.c to
include/asterisk/pbx.h so that app.c could get access to the
timeouts. I don't think this should upset anyone...

/a