[Asterisk-Dev] Comedian Mail features

Alex Lopez alex at opsys.com
Thu Jul 24 08:48:59 MST 2003

I like what you have done so far, however, it would be nice if you looked up the context that the owner of the mailbox is in zapata.conf. Reason being that a user could leave a voice mail for a low access extension say a shipping department,  the caller could leave a long distance number.

By default that shipping extension would not be able to make long distance calls, but if they 'return the call' they are using a context that would allow them to do so.

Also, if you are multi-homing your PBX, ie hosting more than one company, You would want the call to go out the proper trunk group.

It occurred to me that maybe an additional; field in voicemail.conf could be added for this, I would prefer to read from zapata.conf so as to have one less file to edit during moves/adds/deletes. But, if a mailbox is a guest mailbox, (no port associated with it) The outbound context could be stored there or simply if no context info available default to the vmout context.

I thank you for working on this as I was abnout to begin, if you need any help , let me know...

Alex