[Asterisk-Dev] Specific question about pri_dchannel in channels/chan_zap.c

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Wed Jul 9 06:26:36 MST 2003

In the specific case of zap, you can always count on a channel being read
quite frequently since one of the file descriptors will point to a channel
which (on or off hook) will always return some sort of audio periodically.
on other channels such as "SIP" and "MGCP", we use a pipe to notify (the
pipe is the only way I could figure out to *guarantee* that there was no
race.

Mark