[Asterisk-Dev] FXO Hardware Sourcing

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Wed Feb 26 23:26:56 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 23:22, Jim Fleming wrote:

> There does not appear to be much difference. If there is only one card, the driver
> code can probably be simplified.
>
> static struct pci_device_id wcfxo_pci_tbl[] __devinitdata = {
>
> { 0xe159, 0x0001, 0x8085, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, (unsigned long) &wcx101p },
>
> { 0x1057, 0x5608, PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, (unsigned long) &wcx100p },
>
> };

The Tiger 320 chip is what produces the 0xE159/0x0001 pci vendor ID
combination. It's a very popular chip that provides a PCI interfaces and
a TDM bus that can be interfaced to any number of backends. For example
I have a ISDN BRI card here that uses it. It's also used in a lot of
modems.

Driving the card is only partly driving the Tiger 320; the other part is
driving whatever is behind that, and it's quite likely to NOT be what's
used on Digium's boards. You can get the driver to detect the board
usually and init the Tiger chip, but you won't get valid data since it's
not properly using what's on the other end of the TDM bus.

I ran into this when I first got the BRI card; zaptel thought it was a
Wildcat T1 card, except with only two channels instead of 24. Just had
to tell zaptel to check the subsystem vendor ID as well as the vendor
ID.