[Asterisk-Dev] FWD: Cisco 12SP+ / VIP30 - Works with Asterisk (chan_skinny related)

Leif Madsen leif at hacklocalhost.com
Mon Dec 22 11:43:02 MST 2003

This was posted to the asterisk-doc mailing list today, and thought I
would post it to the dev list to see if this helps anyone.

Thanks,
Leif Madsen - <leif at hacklocalhost.com>
http://www.hacklocalhost.com

           From:
Steve McMahon
<steve_mcmahon at hotmail.com>
             To:
asterisk-doc at lists.digium.com
        Subject:
[Asterisk-doc]
Cisco 12SP+ /
VIP30 - Works with
Asterisk
           Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003
07:28:09 -0800

I dont know if this helps anyone but here we go!

I have spent 3 weeks trying to get my 12SP+ Phone to work, But I keep
getting a message on my phone saying something about needing software.
So, I looked at the code (specifically chan_skinny.c ...
and saw =>

static char version_id[16] = "Psomethin"

 changed it to "P001000", recompiled the module,
 and wow my phone works!!!

I can receive calls, dial out, everything! It's great!