[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk on non-linux OSes

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Thu Aug 28 20:13:17 MST 2003

Having myself just this evening gone through the pain that is installing
Asterisk to a non-standard root (by specifying INSTALL_PREFIX in the
Makefiles) I would have to vote for an autoconf patch.  BTW, I have
installed Asterisk many times before, and I'm familiar with the product,
but just setting the Makefile to use INSTALL_PREFIX on a clean system
does not work.  I had to make changes to the Makefiles in zaptel,
asterisk/apps, asterisk/channels, asterisk and also to the C files which
were looking for the headers in a standard location.  Having the auto
tools working would have made this much easier, as it is with other
packages.

My 2 cents.

-BAK