[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-Users] FYI: G723.1 Licensing Prices

Nick nick at freya.pelagiris.org
Sat Aug 9 08:59:41 MST 2003

Actually as I read it it's not (that) bad.  30.5k for the initial
license, ~2$ per chan.  Yeah 30k is a fair chunk of change, but it's not
beyond what the asterisk community could afford.  I doubt this IP
company is going to have any intrest in negotiating a deal with digium,
IP companies arn't terribly well known for careing if their product gets
used.  I'd be willing to toss a hundred $ or so towards getting digium a
license to G723.1, now all we need is 299 more folks <Grin>, anyone?
	Nick