[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-Users] FYI: G723.1 Licensing Prices

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Fri Aug 8 11:28:55 MST 2003

I wonder if by chance they could make a deal with digium so that asterisk
users can buy the 723.1 codec but they wouldn't have to spend the large
upfront $$ to get going.  Something like this:

from X number of lic. to X number of lic.  Digium gets 20%/DSPG gets 80%
of the sale.

Then once they hit a point it would drop to 40/60 then 60/40 till its paid
for.  Its only going to benefit DSPG to have their codec in more products
and provide better flexability in asterisk.  If products don't support
723.1(cisco ATA's do) and say cisco sees that nobody is using it then why
keep including it and they drop support for it in their ATA and other voip
products thus causing DPSG to loose revenue.

Just an idea.  In this day any income is better than no-income.

bkw