[Asterisk-Dev] Web GUI

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Fri Aug 8 11:13:08 MST 2003

John Todd wrote:

>  Since we seem to be moving the power of the phone system further out
> into the hands of the users, it does make sense that a Web GUI would
> allow them to control their own telephony configurations.

How to you plan to deal with the various stupid things users are going
to do?  Like a user call forwards their extension to some other
extension, but that other extension is already forwarded to the user's
extension (ie call forwarding loop)

Every time we've tried to deploy a self-provisioning system we ended up
with upset customers because THEY blew up their own extension, which
just caused the admin to work harder.

Jeremy