[Asterisk-Dev] Web GUI

Maik Schmitt asterisk-dev at admininside.org
Fri Aug 8 10:26:47 MST 2003

> Sounds stable to me. :)

I hope so. :)

> You're going to have to do extensive testing if you want to be able
> to bridge every protocol under the sun reliably, especially in
> a multi-vendor environment.

Some fields are present in all config-files (sip.conf/iax.conf/...). I
just want to have these fields in ONE file/database. Perhaps with an
additional field 'protocols' that specifies which protocols the user
is allowed use.

> You can use whatever you want for authentication.  Look at AGI .

??? I thought AGI-Scripts can only be executed through
extensions.conf!?

> Don't count on the text configuration files going away.
> Their simplicity is one of the core design elements of asterisk.

They are really simple when you have small systems. But for larger
systems these files can get very complicated.

> You should be able to implement most of what you need with AGI/DynDB .

Where can I find information on that? All I found was a
agi-documentation. But I don't know how I could use agi for
user-authentication.

--
Maik Schmitt        http://graphics.cs.uni-sb.de/VoIP