[Asterisk-Dev] Web GUI

Maik Schmitt asterisk-dev at admininside.org
Fri Aug 8 09:26:42 MST 2003

> Suggest you look at:
> http://andreasotto.net/asterisk/

Looks good. But "last updated 2002-12-15" :(

We haven't tested it yet but we will definetely do so soon. It is very
important to us that the config cam be changed easily whithout having
to edit files and reloading the config. We have about 4500 phones here
on campus that will perhaps be connected to asterisk soon. That would
make the extensions.conf big and complex.

But IMO it's even more important to have a central user-management and
to have different users for every protocol used. Users should IMO be
able to choose which protocol they use whithout having to use
different passwords and I don't want to have the same user-data in
several files.

IMO we need to separate the user-management from the protocols. We
need auth-modules (like sip express router from iptel.org). That would
even make it possible to use radius for authentication.

I know that this would mean great changes to the whole asterisk-system
but I think it's worth it.

--
Maik Schmitt        http://graphics.cs.uni-sb.de/VoIP