[Asterisk-Dev] adsi phone codes?

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Apr 29 19:13:57 MST 2003

At 08:30 PM 4/29/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>That's what I said, "they should be left unlocked".  And if they are set to
>all 0's (what they are set at if they are left unlocked), that would mean
>you know what codes are set, wouldn't it?  Or am I misunderstanding?

if a phone is locked it comes that way from the factory and can't be loaded
unless you know the code used to lock it. If you send any codes with
asterisk to an unlocked phone you can "reserve" a slot for that code, but
you can still clear it from the phone keypad manually using a well known
procedure. This procedure does not work on locked phones however, it clears
the slots but they may only be refilled with matching lock codes.

Clear as mud now ? You need a factory unlocked virgin phone to get full use
of it. Biggest indication of this is there is no telco logo on the phone
whatsoever on the little insert around the goodbye button. If this has the
name of a vendor or telco on that plastic insert, the phone is 99.9% chance
of being locked.

A good indication here in Canada at least is advertisement of the fact it
works with both telus and bell (who would have different lock codes if the
phone was actually factory locked)