[Asterisk-Dev] best approach for a new isdn driver mainly for asterisk.. ?!

George Bean gbean at puwaba.com
Tue Apr 29 08:52:28 MST 2003

> Iirc you can find info at www.jtec.com.au

I don't see the relevance of the link. Apparently the Jtec product line
is now part of Ericsson and the originators are offering sales and
service on what they developed. However, the site doesn't have any
information on the devices or a link to the portion of the vast holdings
of Ericsson that swallowed up these products.

> > I heartily support any efforts to incorporate Brite communications
into
> > Asterisk or develop a multiport HFC chipset interface card.
>
> Or we could ask Eicon (http://www.eicon.com) to come up with an
> NT/inline powered version of their active Diva Server 4/8Bri Series.
Or
> a passive model as that probably would save quite a few bucks if
> possible. Or maybe Digium could OEM the basic design and put the last
> pieces in. Or I could just dream on off course :)

I already approached Eicon about NT compatible devices but they showed a
pronounced lack of interest in developing and offering such devices. If
anyone is going to develop such a device, it will most likely be the
already very busy Digium folks.

Regards,
George Bean
Puwaba Technologies