[Asterisk-Dev] best approach for a new isdn driver mainly for asterisk.. ?!

Pauline Middelink middelink at polyware.nl
Sun Apr 27 04:32:26 MST 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 around 11:34:05 +0200, Patrick wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 00:45, Pauline Middelink wrote:
>

> > <Digium>
> > However, 12 ISDN cards in a single PC would be hard pressed, to please
> > get us a quad HFC based ISDN card. And even more please: place a little
> > jumper on every of the 4 lines, so the card will add its own power
> > and termination and we dont need to kludge with cables and adapters.
> > </Digium>
> >
> >     Met vriendelijke groet,
> >         Pauline Middelink
>
> Some links :)
>
> 4 Bri HFC chipset:
> http://www.colognechip.com/isdn/controllers/frame-hfc-4s.htm
>
> 8 Bri HFC chipset:
> http://www.colognechip.com/isdn/controllers/frame-hfc-8s.htm
> Afaik Dutch PTT does not provide 8 separate ISDN lines but gives you 16
> timeslots on a PRI hence the next chipset url :)

Oh, but they do. Really. But its not really cost effective,
since we now have a ISDN15 (ISDN 30 with only 15 active channels)

> E1 HFC chipset
> http://www.colognechip.com/isdn/controllers/frame-hfc-e1.htm

Yeah, but we already got a good working solution for that.
Digium E100P and E400P. (Latter works like a charm!)

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink