[Asterisk-Dev] IAX deadlock (?)

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Apr 25 15:38:01 MST 2003

Hi,

I've been having trouble with Asterisk deadlocking during a
SIP-in-IAX-out call.

This evening I did a test - the call lasted 820secs working fine, then
suddenly audio stopped happening.

At that, I typed "show channel IAX[dest]/3" (CLI was still alive) and
noticed that it was:
    Blocking in: (Not Blocking),
whereas every other time I did that during the call it was
    Blocking in: ast_waitfor_nandfds

I then typed "iax show channels" at the CLI prompt. Asterisk showed
the header line and then stopped.  Control-C was ineffective.

Looking in the chan_iax.c code I see that the mutex
ast_pthread_mutex_lock(&iaxsl[0]) must have been being held already.

Seems like a deadlock to me.  I have a typescript of the whole session
with iax debug and sip debug on, but nothing else very interesting to
my IAX-novice eyes.

I hope the bug report helps...

Thanks,
Steve