[Asterisk-Dev] format of voicemail files and extensions problem

Dave Packham dave.packham at utah.edu
Fri Apr 25 14:28:01 MST 2003

I was having a problem with the size of the files in the attachments of email I decided to change the format= line in the voicemail.conf file to read "format=wav49"  which is believe is a gsm compressed windows client playable file format much smaller than the "wav" format.   when I changed this I started getting email with the msg0000.wav49 extensions sent to my email....  I checked the app_voicemail.c files and put in some debugging statements that logged the contents of format... and sure enough it was trying to encode/sendmail a filename built with the "format" char * variable which at this point in runtime is set to "wav49" .  somewhere during the voicemail record function it saves the format=wav49 files into an uppercase "msg0000.WAV" extension.  some code is mismatched here.  the following if statement inserted into the front of the app_voicemail.c's sendmail function fixed (not elegantly) the problem.  I started getting the UPPER case WAV files sent to my email client and it played almost 90% of the way thru,  (I think the end of the file is corrupt maybe) .

 if (!strcmp(format, "wav49"))
         strcpy(format, "WAV");

any real code suggested changes?

Dave Packham