[Asterisk-Dev] H323 processing limit

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Thu Apr 17 03:32:31 MST 2003

Xara Developement wrote:
> Hi.
> I need to know aproximately, how many H323 calls coming from a ethernet
> 10/100 card , i can manage with Asterisk running on a Pentium III 750
> MHZ machine with Linux RH9.
> Any source of bechmarks ?

Using asterisk-oh323 we are able to handle ~30 concurrent H.323 calls
on a Celeron 600MHz with 320MB RAM without problems. More than half of
these are pass-through and on the rest some transcoding is
done (GSM <-> G.711).
With the same software on an embedded StrongARM based platform with
64MB RAM we can handle ~10 concurrent H.323 calls, all pass-through.

Michael Manousos.