[Asterisk-Dev] Vonage as FXO?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Apr 16 14:44:09 MST 2003

I wonder if there are others out there doing this, and even more I
wonder if others are having the same problem I am having: the Vonage
line, which has great quality and for the most part works perfectly,
suddenly and randomly simple hangs up during the course of MOST calls I
make therewith.

Since the Vonage phone simply presents a PSTN interface to asterisk, I
don't see much when I sip debug.

My Vonage SIP traffic does traverse the same LAN as my asterisk IAX and
ATA SIP traffic, though, and I wonder if there might be a problem there
somewhere.

I don't use Vonage without asterisk now, but I might do so if others are
not experiencing this same difficulty.

Thanks.

B.