[Asterisk-Dev] Anyone interested in sharing PRI/T1 capacity i n US (Virginia)?

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Mon Apr 14 15:35:05 MST 2003

> I'm getting quotes of around $500-$700/month for PRI - This strikes me
> as high after people mentioned around $200/month for T1s.  Nobody seems
> to be getting quotes of $200/month though to me <argh>.
The right point is 400-450$/mo. anything above 500 is a ripoff.

200$/mo is just the transport.

> Long distance also isn't striking me as any cheaper on these PRIs than
> POTS lines that we have today.  Am I just getting quotes from the wrong
> places?
probably. try these, they all gave me quotes in low 400-ish.
Focal Communications
Adelphia Communications
Allegiance
Qwest (my LD with them is ~1.5-3c/minute depending on LATA and OCN)

> Does this pricing sound about right to everyone else?
>
> I can get 800 # cheaper with some commit on usage on a separate circuit.
> I'm not sure if this is useful or not to everyone - I imagine some
> people it is.
Proper price on 800 usage is 4-5c/minute, anything above that is ripoff.

-alex