[Asterisk-Dev] Channel bank w/ bri card and Zaptel

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Thu Apr 3 18:15:51 MST 2003

Steve,

I tracked down the BRITE 3DS0 info first. It's Committee T1 TR #7. It
has 9 pages and the pdf cost me $42. It is somewhat of a kludge designed
to work with the old D-channel bank. Basically, the interesting bits are
in pos 6 & 7. Bit 8 (low order) is always "1". My cb doesn't seem to
support this. I agree that you would want to support all the mux
schemes, including 3DS0.

Also, the protocols supported by libpri seem to be, among others, NI-2,
not NI-1, which is needed for bri's, at least, where I live. I haven't
really looked at the protocols used in Europe. The full NI-1 doc from
Telcordia is about $400 and change. I may not be that ambitious. The cb
only cost $75 on ebay and 6 bri cards another $90.

I've spend a lot of time looking at one of the low-level hisax drivers
while trying to get a Eicon Diva 2.02 card to work. I don't think the
low-level hisax <-> zaptel interface would be very difficult.

For me, the first step is to cleanly support the various d channel mux
schemes in zaptel.

My hope is that some of the list experts might find this interesting and
provide hints on what to do next.

Steve