[Asterisk-bsd] Panic on dahdi restart

Ian FREISLICH ianf at clue.co.za
Thu Aug 26 04:57:44 CDT 2010

Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> Max Khon wrote:

> > > Also,

> > > I can confirm that both outbound calls and restarting zaptel work
> > > now.
> > >

> > That's great!
>
> Only thing is, I've now got RED alarms that won't clear:
>
> [Aug 26 10:59:24] WARNING[10527] chan_dahdi.c: Detected alarm on channel 1: R
ed Alarm
> [Aug 26 10:59:24] WARNING[10527] chan_dahdi.c: Detected alarm on channel 2: R
ed Alarm

> It worked for a little bit, but on removing the PSTN connection and
> restarting asterisk and dahdi a few times trying to get asterisk
> to not run as root (which fails because the devfs file permissions
> can't be set at load time).
>
> The RED alarm only clears on reboot.

Ok.  This problem was the RJ11 connector - corrected.

My other internal/inbound call issues were resolved by upgrading
asterisk to 1.6.

Seems like echo cancellation is better than on zaptel+asterisk1.4
(freebsd-6) when I last had this work.  Now I can remove the linux
pbx, which is Great News.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich