[Asterisk-bsd] dahdi from portstree and x100p

Mark Huizer xaa+asteriskbsd at dohd.org
Thu Apr 29 05:51:13 CDT 2010

On 4/25/2010 14:19, Max Khon wrote:
> Hello, Mark!
>
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Mark Huizer <xaa+asteriskbsd at dohd.org
> <mailto:xaa%2Basteriskbsd at dohd.org>> wrote:
>
>     I used to work with asterisk, a t400p card and freebsd.
>     Recently I bought a new server and I'll be using a x100p card in it.
>     Since I'm currently trying to get the machine up and running, I
>     installed dahdi and asterisk1.6 on it, all from ports tree.
>
>     Am I correct in assuming that the x100p part from the dahdi source
>     tree has not yet been ported to FreeBSD, since it's now built on
>     installing the port?
>
>     If so... can I help in making it work? Is it a rather trivial job to
>     transfor it to a kernel module?
>

> If you mean single port FXO card then I should have such card in a month
> or so and an FXS card too.
>
> But I can do the port remotely if you will provide ssh access to the
> server with such card installed, wired to PSTN so I can do incoming
> calls and with serial console to some other host.

Well, if you can give me an ssh pubkey, I have it almost completely setup now. I'll have a null modem cable available today or at least before monday.

if you connect to nalaupc.dohd.org on port 2210 you'll have the box that will be the other end of the serial console

if you connect to nalaupc.dohd.org port 2211 you'll have the box with x100p card and serial console, pstn line, dahdi and asterisk.

I suppose you'll need something like sudo as well, right?

Greetings, Mark