[Asterisk-bsd] dahdi from portstree and x100p

Mark Huizer xaa+asteriskbsd at dohd.org
Sun Apr 25 07:47:02 CDT 2010

On 4/25/2010 14:19, Max Khon wrote:

>     If so... can I help in making it work? Is it a rather trivial job to
>     transfor it to a kernel module?
>

> If you mean single port FXO card then I should have such card in a month
> or so and an FXS card too.

Yes, that's the one I mean. The FXO card

> But I can do the port remotely if you will provide ssh access to the
> server with such card installed, wired to PSTN so I can do incoming
> calls and with serial console to some other host.

I can give you access, no problem. Just send me an ssh key off-list, I guess you can live with it being at a different port than 22 (hello portforwarding, since it's behind my firewall).
I have a spare line to connect it to in various ways

* 'real' phone line to dutch phone company, but that's in use, so not 100% available
* analog line coming from cable modem with publicly reachable line
* linksys pap2 box that I can connect to another asterisk server, which will also give you a pstn line

The only thing that is tough will be a serial line, since the machine does not have any server nearby, and I'd have to check if it has a serial line at all. Could you please fill me in on why the serial line is needed? *reads again* ah, console... of course. I'll think about a solution for that as soon as possible.

Greetings

Mark