[Asterisk-bsd] hey gonzo you alive

Richard Neese r.neese at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 07:07:36 CDT 2008

Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:
> Richard Neese (r.neese at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Hey there gonzo I wanted to know when you plan to update the zaptel port
>> and also work on dadhi. I am back on track with porting 1.6 but we need
>> to get zaptel updated and get dadhi into ports.
>>
>     Yeah I'm alive. Relocated to Vancouver three weeks ago. I apologize
> to all those who wrote me in a couple of last months and  got no reply.
> I was all over my head in this relocation stuff. BTW, I'm looking for a
> job now, so if anybody is looking for a capable FreeBSD/Linux software
> developer take a look at my resume at http://gonzo.kiev.ua/files/resume.pdf
> Short/long term contracts are OK
>
> I spent several days working on porting 1.4.11. Modules ported so
> far: zaptel, ztdummy, wct1xxp, wctdm, wctdm24xxp, wcte11xp, wcte12xp. I
> don't have test environment now so "ported" means "build on FreeBSD". So
> if anyone has these cards and willing to setup test lab, let me know.
>
> Also some zaptel ports changes have been discussed with sobomax at . We
> come to conclusion, that it's more convenient to have "pure" zapel port
> with zaptel and ztdummy for they're easier to port and they're essential
> for asterisk deployments. And "hardware" modules port with all cards'
> modules. In this way problems with hwmodules porting process won't block
> asterisk/zaptel from updating.

a base zaptel port with just zaptel+ztdummy  is a good idea. and then
make the modules.

I have figured out how to run menuselect from in the ports. . and have
updated the bsd port and zaptel port. I fixed and updated the
asterisk-addons ports.

the is no longer a need for mopg123 with the native mp3 player in
asterisk so I have pulled mpg123 out .

I have ported the new digium 2.0 gui. and it works great. I am currenty
working on a monowall+asterisk+gui setup for testing . and have plans
for just a asterisk setup . I have torn apart askozia and used the
digium gui insted.  I am also working to add some more functionality.