[Asterisk-bsd] CAPI and ISDN DDI Configuration

Oliver Schneider os at kobo.de
Thu Sep 11 16:46:33 CDT 2008

Hi Thomas,

Am Donnerstag, den 11.09.2008, 16:12 +0200 schrieb Thomas Zimmermann:
> I use Asterisk with CAPI on FreeBSD 7 and Nagios only for sending and
> (later) receiving SMS alerts over ISDN to and from mobile users. Receiving
> SMS is an option to acknowledge or delegate alerts. Now I have stumbled
> across three issues.

oh this works now, good to know. Does anybody know if this feature works
with any gsm interface too?

> 1. Sharing Asterisk on the same NT with an existing PBX:
> We have an ISDN line with 4 NTs (8 BRI channels) and 100 telephone numbers
> for DDI. The protocol is point-to-point.
> Since connecting Asterisk behind the existing PBX is not possible, I share
> one of the NTs with the existing PBX.

sending SMS through the PBX isn't possible or why can't you connect
behind the PBX?

> I assume that the existing PBX listens to all DDI Numbers. How can I
> configure Asterisk to listen to one number without interfering with the
> other PBX?

You write "assume". Why does it listen to? Of course it sees everything
on the bus. But as you didn't mentioned anything, I think the other DDIs
are reaching the expected destination through the nomal PBX?

> 2. I am still confused as to how I should setup capi.conf and
> extensions.conf correctly for an ISDN line with DDIs! All documentation I
> have found (readmes and Google) mainly focuses on ISDN with
> point-to-multipoint (msn).

I think this is for voice/fax/data services only. Sending SMS is more a
Abfallprodukt of network commands in my opinion.

> Although my configuration works, I see strange behavior. After running
> Asterisk for about 15 minutes, the /var/log/messages log file and the
> console fill up about five times every second with the following message:
> i4b-L2 dss1_pipe_data_req: unit=0, pipe=0, i_queue full or no fifo
> translator!!

No, idea, I guess you have to wait for HSP :-)

> 3. Sending SMS, the command above runs successfully, and I receive a message
> on the mobile phone. However, it displays the wrong ?Calling Line
> Identification (CLIP)?: It shows the main number instead of the DDI
> extension.
>
> smsq --motx-channel=?CAPI/ISDN1/0622100000' 079xxx8690 'Hello World? (valid
> for Swisscom in Switzerland)

did you try --motx-callerid xxxx78 ?

regards
Oliver