[Asterisk-bsd] asterisk on bsd

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 21:03:04 CDT 2008

--- On Wed, 10/15/08, Richard Neese <r.neese at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Richard Neese <r.neese at gmail.com>
Subject: [Asterisk-bsd] asterisk on bsd
To: "Asterisk on BSD discussion" <asterisk-bsd at lists.digium.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 9:27 AM

OK its to the point . I need a headcouint of how many people out there
are using asterisk on bsd and plan to keep using asterisk on bsd... I
need to know who is will ing to help support the project. Its to the
poing that it seems only 3 of us are doing the hard work and everyone
else is a end user.

we either need financial support to get a porting server that all the
patches and ports can be updated on. and tested. We also need more hands
to help with patching and porting apps for asterisk.

list of what has been done so far

1 app_flite 0.6 is now ported
flite pocketsphinx and sphinxbase have been ported and updated.
asterisk 1.4 I just updated and am submitting it now runs menuselect
libpri is upated and asterisk-addons has been update d all for 1.4

1.6 is in the works but waiting on dahdi port from gonzo.

WOrking on

app_conf to replace meetme on servers that dont run ztdummy and embedded
devices.
app_wake  wake up call rewriten in c
and workign on a few more small apps

if there is a app you think we need please link me to the src code.

but please give me a head count of  asterisk on bsd users.

so we know its worth maintaining.

its geting harder and harder to maintain with lack of intrest.

I have been running Asterisk on FreeBSD for over two years now. I just use the ports and it compiles in everything I need including zaptel. I had a few troubles in the beginning but then it seemed to settle down nicely. I run just a simple home based PBX for one line with an X101P card that I paid $30 for and I have a VOIP provider with a DID. The voicemail is great and I threw out my answering machine. About a year ago my ISP started blocking everything on port 25 so I can't have it send e-mail anymore but retrieving v-mail remotely over PSTN or VOIP works fine.I used to program but don't do much of that these days. I would certainly like to help. I have several servers and I could host on my cable modem connection if that would be useful. It's screaming fast with transfers of over 700Kbs often seen. My ability to test the meetme stuff has been fine but like most of you I don't really get to test it because the people I hang with wouldn't know a PSTN
 from a hole in the ground. Let me know how I could help.