[Asterisk-bsd] Caller ID

Adam Vande More adam at imedmobility.com
Tue Nov 25 13:18:34 CST 2008

Okay this really isn't BSD specific question but the digium forums have
provided no response so maybe someone here can provide some insight.

I'm having an issue with the reported caller id off of a native bride.
Under certain conditions, call are automatically routed to different
endpoints. Normal call flow would be:

*asterisk accepts inbound call on PRI
*asterisk opens new PRI channel and bridges the two.

Normally, the inbound CLI is sent to the endpoint which is the desired
behavior but one of the endpoints is a toll free number and they are
reporting the CLI they are receiving is one on the DID's on the trunk. I
know how to send the correct CLI, however I don't understand why caller
id sending isn't consistent.

We do a lot of call bridging on our T1.  Normally, when I bridge a call
using one of our assigned DID's as the inbound number, and different
terminating numbers.  An example of such a call would be calling (XXX)
XXX-XXXX  from phone # (YYY) YYY-YYYY would bridge with another channel
and then dial my cell phone (ZZZ) ZZZ-ZZZZ.  My cell phone receives
(YYY) YYY-YYYY as the caller id in this scenario as I would expect,
however there are some calls that bridged in the same manner yet the
terminating number receives a trunk DID(not defined in *) as the caller
id.  I don't understand the difference in behavior, and am wondering if
anyone can explain it.  The terminating number is toll-free where the
prob is occurring.

Here is the bridging command....as simple as it gets:

*Quote:*
exten => 1641,1,Set(CDR(userfield)=Identifier)
exten => 1641,2,Dial(Zap/G0/1877ZZZZZZZ)
exten => 1641,3,Hangup

--
Adam Vandemore
Systems Administrator