[Asterisk-bsd] Update on zaptel-bsd

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Fri May 23 19:22:06 CDT 2008

On 23/05/2008, at 8:38 AM, Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:

>     OK, it's time to admit that our small team can't match
> the pace of Digium's full-time developers and merge all patches
> to zaptel-bsd sources in time. port and svn quite
> outdated. I tried to update them several times but was distracted by
> other things. The last time I decided to give a try to my old idea.
> Porting process is quite routine and bsd-only chunks of code were
> written a couple of years ago and hasn't been changed much since then.
> So it was obvious to automate this process with some kind of script.
> This script and its output could be found in -ng branch in zaptel-
> bsd svn.
>
> https://svn.pbxpress.com:1443/repos/zaptel-bsd/branches/ng/

That URL requires a password. Is there anonymous access to the
repository?

I spoke to Digium people (and specifically to Mark Spencer) at a
conference some time back and discussed the BSD community. They were
encouraging to the efforts. Would Digium accept your patches upstream
so they did not need to be maintained separately? Or do they not want
to take responsibility for testing each release on FreeBSD?

Or would Apple be interested in helping the maintenance if it
ultimately might lead to Asterisk support on Darwin?

Finally, this name change for zaptel that was announced: is it just a
name change, or is this a change in direction for the zaptel project?

Ari

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001