[Asterisk-bsd] Confirming capi.conf & isdn4bsd settings

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Tue Mar 25 10:09:51 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Michael Iedema <michael at askozia.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>  I'd like to confirm some settings I've been using. Below is a table of
>  operation modes from isdn4bsd and what I'm using for the "isdnmode" in
>  capi.conf for each.
>
>  point-to-multipoint, terminal equipment,    isdnmode=msn
>  multipoint-to-point, network termination,    isdnmode=did
>  point-to-point, terminal equipment,    isdnmode=msn
>  point-to-point, network termination,    isdnmode=did
>
>  I have a feeling that the "isdnmode=" settings in capi.conf are not
>  100% correct for the signaling settings. Specifically, should
>  "point-to-point, terminal equipment" also be set to "isdnmode=did"?
>

>  Another question I have is related to the "incomingmsn=" setting in
>  capi.conf. Is it safe to always set this to * or should care be taken
>  to list each MSN attached?

Some more info on this:

I've had different people try setting their isdnmode to did and
immediate=yes when using p2p-te mode with the same results. The pbx
dialing into mine does not send any destination extension which makes
routing...um...difficult.

Is there anyone out there using isdn4bsd (by HPS) with Asterisk 1.4 on
BSD successfully connecting pbx's using P2P ISDN? Any tips at all are
appreciated, This has been a rather long struggle getting all of the
different ISDN modes to "just work."

Many thanks in advance to anyone reading these messages,
-Michael I.