[Asterisk-bsd] Confirming capi.conf & isdn4bsd settings

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Tue Mar 18 05:29:19 CDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I'd like to confirm some settings I've been using. Below is a table of
operation modes from isdn4bsd and what I'm using for the "isdnmode" in
capi.conf for each.

point-to-multipoint, terminal equipment,    isdnmode=msn
multipoint-to-point, network termination,    isdnmode=did
point-to-point, terminal equipment,    isdnmode=msn
point-to-point, network termination,    isdnmode=did

I have a feeling that the "isdnmode=" settings in capi.conf are not
100% correct for the signaling settings. Specifically, should
"point-to-point, terminal equipment" also be set to "isdnmode=did"?

Another question I have is related to the "incomingmsn=" setting in
capi.conf. Is it safe to always set this to * or should care be taken
to list each MSN attached?

Regards,
-Michael