[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk Install Crashes with 7.0-RELEASE

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 02:55:11 CST 2008

I installed 7.0-RELEASE on my router. It only acts as my firewall/gateway but the install of 7.0-RELEASE went so well I decided to update my * server to 7.0 as well.....

  WRONG !

  The update process I used was cvsup after editing the stable-cvsup file on 6.3-REL to use 7.0-RELEASE. That caused zaptel to stop working but at least * still worked.

  So I blew the drive away and did a fresh install over FTP from the main FreeBSD website. That worked well. I installed xorg like always and then went to install asterisk after updating the ports on this machine. I ended up with this error message and now my * server is dead so it's back to my old answering machine until I resolve this. Can anyone offer some advice?

  ast_h323.cxx In destructor 'virtual MyProcess::~MyProcess()':
ast_h323.cxx:194 error: 'timerChangePipe' was not declared in this scope
gmake[2]: *** [ast_h323.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [h323/libchanh323.a] Error 2
gmake: *** [channels] Error 2
*** Error code 2

  Stop in /usr/ports/net/asterisk.
*** Error code 1