[Asterisk-bsd] Newbie on VoIP

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Mon Mar 3 03:04:14 CST 2008

On 03/03/2008, at 1:14 PM, NOC Ph wrote:

> 1.  Does asterisk generate CDR? If yes how do I see it or generate it?
> Because I have to monitor people who's calling overseas.

There are options there to tie it to an ODBC data source for that.

> 2.  How do I secure it? Co'z I have to open it via Public IP. Can I
> know the
> port asterisk used assuming I'll use SIP.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/

Lots of good info there. But be warned SIP and NAT are a huge headache
together.

> 3.  If it run on linux, it run will on BSD but I read from google
> that it
> has specific version for BSD. Can I know what version are for FreeBSD?

That's not quite true. Linux and BSD are different OS's and
applications like Asterisk which are written specifically for Linux
need some porting to work properly under BSD. However, it is pretty
easy to install on FreeBSD:

# portinstall asterisk

if you don't have portinstall, then Google that and install it. Very
useful tool.

Ari

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001