[Asterisk-bsd] Increasing delay in Meetme with ztdummy

Nicolas Blais nicblais at clkroot.net
Sun Mar 2 08:18:13 CST 2008

>> I am using Cisco 7940 phones and the X-lite softphones. Both exhibit the
>> same behavior (the delay starts out correct, and grows longer until it
>> reaches about 3 seconds).
>
>    3 seconds is a delay of about 150 voice frames. This shouldn't be
> possible with the channel.c patch, but perhaps Asterisk 1.4.x has another
> queue somewhere (dynamic jitter buffer??). I guess there could be some
> queueing going on in MeetMe as well.
>    I'm still using 1.2.x on all of our VoIP servers, so I can't really
> confirm proper behavior on 1.4.x.

That number (150 voice frames) woke something up in my head. I have
attached a short except from the patched channel.c. If you look below your
added code, you see a portion of code which seems to allow up to 96 voice
frames outstanding. Could this be related to my problem?

>> I have left everything in zapata.conf default (nothing added or removed)
>> and zaptel.conf only has:
>> loadzone = us
>> defaultzone = us
>>
>> My setup is pretty simple, all I got are Cisco 7940/X-Lite phones that
>> work very well together, and ztdummy for MeetMe.
>
>    That all looks fine. Is your server running NTP and is it synced
> with a stable network clock? Also, just to confirm, you never have
> this problem on calls between extensions (through Asterisk) when not
> using MeetMe?

I do run NTP and the drift is very low. I tried to "fudge" the clock and
make myself the reference (therefore a drift of 0) but it doesn't change
anything on Asterisk's side or my problem.  And yes, I confirm that
everything is working surprisingly well except for only MeetMe.

Again, your help is really appreciated.
Nicolas.