[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBSD and Zaptel

lists at infoway.net lists at infoway.net
Thu Feb 7 11:46:59 CST 2008

Hello,

I'm starting to experiment with Asterisk on FreeBSD and I'm wondering
if zaptel is really needed. I will be playing MOH and as well as using
MeetMe. I've been using Asterisk on Linux with ztdummy. However, our
company wants to start migrating to xBSD (FreeBSD to be specific) and
I want to make sure we won't have any problems with Asterisk. In some
places, I read that ztdummy was not really needed on BSD, but other
places to make reference to compiling zaptel on BSD. I assume that if
I were going to use a Digium card (or the like), I would need to
compile zaptel. However, not sure if I really need ztdummy. Please
advise.

Thanks,
Waldo