[Asterisk-bsd] Building Asterisk Outside of the Box

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 19:28:08 CDT 2008

I'm working on a diskless build of Asterisk. I need to have the port installed into a different partition than /usr/local so I did this:

cd /usr/ports/net/asterisk
make PREFIX=/diskless/usr/local install

To my surprise this got pretty far along but then it failed during the zaptel build. Here are the last error messages that were shown on the screen:

zttool.c:508: error: storage size of 'es' isn't known
zttool.c:511: error: 'quit' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:512: error: 'sel' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:514: error: 'spans' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:514: error: 'NEWT_FLAG_SCROLL' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:517: error: 'label' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:520: error: 'form' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:526: error: 'sel_callback' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:528: error: 'NEWT_KEY_F1' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:529: error: 'NEWT_KEY_F10' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:536: error: 'NEWT_EXIT_TIMER' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:539: error: 'NEWT_EXIT_COMPONENT' undeclared (first use in this function)
zttool.c:548: error: 'NEWT_EXIT_HOTKEY' undeclared (first use in this function)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/misc/zaptel/work/zaptel-bsd-1.4.6/test.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/misc/zaptel/work/zaptel-bsd-1.4.6.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/misc/zaptel.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/asterisk.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/asterisk.

It appears to be looking for something with newt. I can't recall seeing if newt was installed before it got to this place. I watched as mpg123, popt, and some other dependencies were installed and they all appeared to be going to the PREFIX target I defined in the command line. Any suggestions on how to debug this one?