[Asterisk-bsd] TDM400 and FreeBSD

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 08:07:20 CDT 2008

--- On Mon, 8/18/08, Ian FREISLICH <ianf at clue.co.za> wrote:

From: Ian FREISLICH <ianf at clue.co.za>
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-bsd] TDM400 and FreeBSD
To: glassdude45 at yahoo.com, "Asterisk on BSD discussion" <asterisk-bsd at lists.digium.com>
Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 9:03 AM

Frank Griffith wrote:
> Did I read one of the posts in this group correctly the other day
> that the Digium TDM400 card is no good in FreeBSD because there is no
> driver available for it?
>
> I have found what looks like a good deal on a TDM400P card on e-Bay
> but before I proceed I want to be sure it will work with FreeBSD.
>
> We're getting hit by a Tropical Storm this week in Miami so with a
> couple of days off I'm going to be playing around with Fedora 9 and
> Asterisk. My bosses are about to give me the go ahead to build an *
> server for our office but they made me promise it would be built with
> Linux not FreeBSD. "Forgive them for they know not what they
do."

FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #24: Tue Jul 29 13:00:54 SAST 2008
    ianf at brane.freislich.nom.za:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BRANE
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2300.02-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x60fb2  Stepping = 2

Features=0x178bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT>
  Features2=0x2001<SSE3,CX16>
  AMD Features=0xea500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,FFXSR,RDTSCP,LM,3DNow!+,3DNow!>
  AMD Features2=0x11f<LAHF,CMP,SVM,ExtAPIC,CR8,Prefetch>

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Echo Canceller: MG2
FXS device: vendor=e159 device=1 subvendor=b1d9
wcfxs0: <Wildcard TDM400P REV I> port 0xd800-0xd8ff mem
0xdfeff000-0xdfefffff irq 16 at device 6.0 on pci1
FXS Attach for wcfxs0: deviceID : 0xe159
wcfxs0: [FILTER]
Freshmaker version: 73
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO
ProSLIC sanity check failed
Module 3: Not installed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (4 modules)
Registered tone zone 24 (South Africa)

This using the stock zaptel 1.4.6 port with a private patch to
include a more recent zonedata file.

Works fine.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich

Thanks for the replies. Turns out the "good deal" I'm seeing on e-Bay is for a products known as A400P by OpenVox. Anyone heard of this one?