[Asterisk-bsd] chan_capi - which one should be used with isdn4bsd?

Matej Ondrusek matej at matej.sk
Thu Apr 24 04:10:32 CDT 2008

Hello,

I have installed isdn4bsd on FreeBSD 6.3. machine. According to
instruction on

http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/isdn4bsd/index.html

I downloaded latest version using

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
       checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b

and tried to install chan_capi support for Asterisk as is written in
./4b/trunk/i4b/README.txt file. This file says I should get chan_capi using

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/chan-capi login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/chan-capi co
-P chan_capi

but I was not able to do that. It always refuses connection. I've
checked sourceforge webpage and found out, that chan_capi project was
moved chan-capi.org. So on the www.chan-capi.org I found information
that the chan_capi could be downloaded using

svn co svn://svn.chan-capi.org/chan-capi/tags/V1_1_1 chan-capi-1.1.1

and I did that but I was not able to compile it without errors. I have
also noticed that in isdn4bsd sources downloaded from
svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b there is also i4b/trunk/chan_capi directory,
but it seems to be some older version.

So my basic question is: what chan_capi source is the newest one which I
should use? Is it the one included with i4b sources, the one mentioned
in README.TXT for i4b (which I'm not able to get from sourceforge) or
the one from svn://svn.chan-capi.org (which I'm not able to build)?

Thanks for help!

Matej