[Asterisk-bsd] Conference without Zaptel Hardware

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 15:32:19 CDT 2007

When I first started out with * I was not using the X101P card that I have installed now. I just setup another test box at the office and we were testing out the conference room capabilities of the server. But we found that it needed ztdummy loaded, okay so I fixed that.

  Still when we call the conference room extension we are not given the usual introduction message which asks for the caller's name. Instead we got this message on the cli monitor:

  Oct  8 16:16:15] WARNING[695]: channel.c:3232 ast_request: No channel type registered for 'zap'
[Oct  8 16:16:15] WARNING[695]: app_meetme.c:2435 find_conf: No Zap channel available for conference, user introduction disabled (is chan_zap loaded?)
[Oct  8 16:17:00] WARNING[695]: app_meetme.c:2435 find_conf: No Zap channel available for conference, user introduction disabled (is chan_zap loaded?)

  We were able to conduct the conference room calls but no one was asked to enter names and no names were announced when the caller entered the conference room. Did I miss something? I thought that I had made this work before without needing zaptel hardware and just using ztdummy.

  Any advice would help.